Thursday, December 10, 2009

THE SOFT HUM OF THE FREEZER DEFROSTING

I suppose I am too sleepy to even produce any word vomit of any creative sort. Poured it all into a letter and a chat with my mother.

Today, I finished the Brothers K, after many months of reading it on and off. I would have to say it is my new favorite book, I have an overwhelming amount of love for it and all the characters. I can't explain it, I really can't but it has had an odd amount of impact on me, as though I know the Chance family personally and have been with them for all of their ordeals. Maybe it is the fact that I haven't taken the time to read anything that isn't for school, so I was both reminded that I love reading, really more than most other activities and this mixed with the greatness of the book put me in a stupor. Really, it is a book that must be read, I need to get my hands on my own copy so I can read it again and mark it up.

("fuck you death, and fuck your boring artwork")

No comments:

Post a Comment